What’s easy to wrap, fits in a stocking and is guaranteed to delight anyone lucky enough to open it on Christmas morning? Apart from a tenner and a chocolate orange?
Easy: a National Cookery School Guide gift card (or NCSGGC for short). Our gift vouchers can be used to book classes at any of the UK’s top 50 cookery schools featured here on the site – anything from an after-work knife-skills session at L’Atelier des Chefs in central London to a four-day residential culinary break at Raymond Blanc’s Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons.
Handily, NSCGGCs (not sure the acronym will catch on, if we’re honest) are available for any amount you like, from £25 to £2,500 and above, so
however much you like someone whatever your festive budget, there’s a gift to suit:
- For £35, you could treat a budding young gastronome to a ‘Kids in the Kitchen’ morning at Malton Cookery School.
- For £50, your recipient could be mastering ceviche and mixing margaritas one evening at Waitrose Cookery School.
- For £95, they could spend half a day putting together the perfect fish and shellfish menu at Rick Stein Padstow – or while away an evening learning how to prepare delectable dim sum at the School of Wok.
- For £135, they could enjoy a full day at Kent Cookery School learning the art of stocks and sauces.
- For £155, they might brush up their baking with an in-depth day at Edinburgh New Town Cookery School.
- For £240, they could get to grips with nose-to-tail pork butchery at Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s River Cottage.
- For £350, they could experience a day of hands-on cooking with James Martin at Chewton Glen.
…and much more.
If that hasn’t got you convinced, there’s one more reason why cookery school gifts cards are the very best foodie present for Christmas 2018 that money can buy. Anyone ordering one between now and 31 December is in with a chance to win a £700 Kenwood Chef Titanium – quite simply the king of kitchen mixers.
The winner will be drawn at random early in the new year, so if you want to start 2019 beating, whisking, kneading and creaming like a pro, order a gift card now.
The deadline for guaranteed UK Christmas delivery is 19 December. But don’t fret if you leave it a little late; we have a literally infinite stock of e-gift cards that can be sent straight to your inbox in seconds. So if it gets to Christmas morning and you realise you’ve missed someone off your list, help is at hand.